Credentialing Information and CEUs
Get the most out of our professional programs.
New York State Office of the Professions (NYSED) regulations require that participants must be present for the entire approved educational activity in order for continuing education credits.
There is no accommodation in the State Regulations for late arrival, late return from lunch or breaks, or early departure. At present, there is no procedure for granting partial credit for approved continuing education events.
If there are any changes in State Regulation, this policy will be updated accordingly.
The Institute for Parenting day-long professional development programs offer 6 units of NYSED Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) or the equivalent. The Post Master’s Programs have been approved for a total of 100 NYSED Continuing Education credits/units/hours or the equivalent per year.
- Social Work CEUs: Adelphi University’s School of Social Work is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0032.
- CASAC Training hours: Program information has been submitted for approval to the New York State Office of Addiction and Substance Abuse Services Education and Training for credits toward earning or re-credentialing.
- Psychology CE Credits: Adelphi University is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education credits for psychologists through the Adelphi University School of Social Work. Adelphi University maintains responsibility for the program and its content. Attendance to the entire conference is required. No partial credit is given. To apply for CE credits, contact the Institute for Parenting at 516.237.8513.
- NBCC Credits/Hours: Adelphi University Institute for Parenting is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
- Nursing Contact Hours: Some activities have been submitted to the Arizona Nurses’ Association for approval to award contact hours. The Arizona Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Please check each individual training..
Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the end of the conference.