Therapeutic Parenting Services
Strengthening the relationship between a parent and child.
The Institute for Parenting clinic was developed to address the complicated range of needs of young and developing families. Our main focus is on the nurturing relationship, because research shows that infants and toddlers need secure relationships to build capacities for coping and learning.
Our clinicians specialize in Infant Mental Health and help parents and their 0-5 year olds find their way to stronger, healthier bonds. We know that parents are the experts on their children. With this in mind, we work with parents to help them support their child’s healthy social, emotional and psychological development.
- Consultation for mental health, behavioral, developmental concerns
- Comprehensive observational, relational, developmental evaluation
- Child focused parent therapy
- Child-parent psychotherapy with video guidance
- Parent education and guidance
- Phone support
- Referrals for medication evaluation, social services
- Therapeutic supervised visitation (only as part of the Nassau County Babies Can’t Wait Program)
- School consultations
- Trauma treatment for 0-5 year olds and their parents.
For further information, please contact:
The Institute for Parenting
p – 516.237.8531
e – email@example.com